We are proud to announce the first of many big updates to Orbit, our SEO friendly CMS. This first upgrade focuses specifically on major improvements to the blogging module.
Enjoy a new interface designed to make blogging easier for you, while at the same time the ability to publish content well optimised for search. We drew a lot of our inspiration from platforms like Wordpress and some of our favourite SEO plugins.
- Already own the Orbit blog module? You benefit from all these features and future updates all completely free. We will be in touch with you shortly for a bit of training on these new features.
- Currently an Orbit CMS user but don't have the blog module? Never been a better time to start blogging - talk to us today for a special offer on the blog upgrade.
Here's what's new:
Authors Profiles & Google Authorship Implementation
- Control on-page SEO for author pages
- Simple to manage multiple authors
- Ability to upload author image
- Adds author info at the end of published posts
- Creates author pages displaying all published content by author
- Easily link Google+ page so your head-shot can appear in search results - helps improve SERP click through rates
- Link other social media accounts per author (Google+ & Twitter)
Improved Commenting Functionality
- New and improved commenting form to better encourage discussion
- Better styling of live comments
- Ability to edit all comments
- Easy moderation of comments to minimize spam
- Simple viewing of pending comments, recent comments
- Reply to your comments right from within the user interface
- Usability improvements (jump to comments and threaded comments)
- Subscribe and unsubscribe to comments via email
- Gravatar support for commenters
New Post Features
- Pulls through related posts from relevant categories – keeps visitors more engaged reducing your blogs bounce rates
- Easily edit the post introduction (for unique content on blog category landing pages)
- Control all SEO settings in a single area – optimise posts title, description, indexing options
- Counts characters remaining for title, description and urls for optimal lengths in the SERPs
- Search engine snippet preview plus basic checking of onpage optimisation (checks your important keywords actually appear in the content)
- AutoSaving – never lose your important edits again!
- Adds Noindex, Follow on deeper category pages so you have more link internal link juice for your individual posts + the ability to adjust titles on main category pages
- Better internal linking of blog content to help users switch through published posts
- Upload featured image thumbnail for your posts (or automatically pulls one through from the post)
Optimised URL Handling
- Automatically removes stop-words from URLS
- Forces lowercase to remove duplicate URL caused by capitalization
- Automatically adds trailing slashes to URL and 301’s to one if missing
- Notifies you when someone links and visits your new post
- Ability to hide post-dates (for that evergreen content you'll be publishing)
- Smarter blog categories – notifies you if try to use too many categories for a post
- Improved blog backend interface & styling
- Minor usability, speed and bug fixes
Here is a taste of future features for the Orbit blog plugin:
- All new and improved user inference for all of Orbit and its modules
- A call to action box where you can customize (for example add in your own newsletter signup)
- Google Analytics integration and automatic tagging of external links for GA
- Improved pinging of linked to sites and search engines
- Auto detection of broken links
- Popular / Latest / Recommended posts side bar widget
- Improved RSS functionality
- Automatic XML updating
- Bot tracking
And a bunch of other awesome features that are secret for now. Remember this is just the first of many updates we will be releasing for this and other Orbit CMS modules.
If you want to take advantage of these great new features contact us today.